Thursday, January 10, 2008

Introduction

2008: A new year, full of inspirational and ambitious resolutions that may be forgotten or ignored by the second week of February.

Mine is to start this blog in the hopes that it can benefit my pursuit of self discovery and emotional well-being, whatever that may entail, and an audience that may appreciate a fresh opinion. Granted, I would want that opinion to be somewhat intelligently fresh, so there will be a process of learning and research involved. So for a while, I might sound completely brainless. Improvement depends on if I pursue this supposed resolution of mine.

It shall be an...

ad·den·dum [uh-den-duhm] –noun, plural -da [-duh]
1. a thing to be added; an addition.
2. an appendix to a book.
synonyms: a postscript


... to more mainstream, famous, and sophisticated opinions of today. It will serve as a sidenote of interest for anyone who would like to reference it, or a passionate rant/declaration, like what I enjoy doing in postscripts of letters. Keywords: fresh, new, somewhat original, passionate, honest.


So ideas for what this blog can be and include:

1. Journal entries, screaming about the world's injustices (maybe) and bleeding the last of this wretched "teenage angst" (not really), or just life reflections - for my emotional well-being and establishment of self.

2. Reviews of...

Books! I love to read. I might be a slow reader, but I make sure I give each book the time that it potentially deserves. I like receiving suggestions, so why not give some too?

Movies! I'd say I have a decent eye for decent film-making. I like positive ranting. I'd love feedback in the form of comments too, but that probably won't happen. Ever.

Music! This is more for my learning. I appreciate music so much, but I can't help but feel I know little about it. So I may be sharing with you my discoveries more than reviews of artists and albums, but I do have preferences.

Miscellaneous! Anything from reviews and information about current museum exhibits to nifty websites.

3. Information on my cause/charity, obstetric fistula.

4. Original art and literature? Maybe. If it's interesting enough.

5. An advice column! That's an idea; people say I give good advice!

6. Okay, screw the list. Anything of interest to me and potentially to you, you might see on here.



This is apparently the tallest building in the world, exploding in a fantastic display of color, light and noise. Happy 2008 from Taipei, courtesy of a Taiwanese Italian friend of mine.


Happy posting!

No comments: